Driving insights with physical telemetry
The client on this project is a public sector logistics operator. The work taken on by this client makes a critical economic impact and provides employment for thousands. Most logistics operators have begun providing data on process efficiency and performance to their customers and stakeholders. Our client wanted to do the same thing.
The client was already gathering the telemetry, but they were experiencing three challenges with using it effectively:
- Building an ETL for the system that would be used to analyze the data
- Automating the processing and analysis for that data
- Displaying the data to its stakeholders
- ETL: We created an Azure data pipeline that consumes RFID telemetry
- Automation: We automated all data ingestion, analysis and output. We analyzed and grouped the data algorithmically into transactions from each input source. We also provided a historical reporting environment to allow analysts access to trends over time.
- Display: We embedded selected dashboards into our client’s website to provide visibility to customers and stakeholders. The dashboards can be updated and maintained with no code.
- Our client has a way to ingest, analyze, and display data to all its stakeholders
- The near real time dashboard is improving strategy and decision making
- The Power BI based solution provides for easy, no-code chart maintenance by operations analysts
- Historical reporting allows ad-hoc trend analysis by operations analysts
- A foundational pattern now exists for future data onboarding
- Provided training and guidance toward modern, cloud-based BI/Analytics architecture