Email marketing and sales enablement
A leading telecommunications company’s digital marketing team owns lead generation and nurture programs. This includes utilizing marketing automation solutions, supporting drip campaigns (email automation campaigns) along with sales enablement (Salesforce Engage) templates for the field. These tactics support pushing prospects from the top of the marketing funnel to the Evaluation/Purchase phase.
Our Program Management and Data Visualization teams were faced with two primary challenges on this project. First, they needed to reintegrate formerly outsourced marketing process and resources. Second, the teams needed to find a way to more quickly get to market with critical marketing content. This meant minimizing QA churn and building mobile-ready content.
- Deliver high-quality work quickly: Build deep understanding of the process to manage the many program email templates. Find ways to streamline the project brief to launch process. Shorten timelines from 2-weeks to 5-days.
- Align to internal UX/UI team processes to create mobile-friendly templates: Developed templates in collaboration with the UX team to make sure they were able to render across all platforms. This reduced QA time and resulted in better engagement rates (performance).
- Help revamp nurture program to deliver more Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) to Sales: We worked closely with client and the marketing ops team to improve drip campaign outcomes. We did this by optimizing lead scores, improving email content, and revising email cadence.
- Faster in-market times: The old process would take 10 business days to get an email to market. The new process could be completed in as fast as 2-days. Faster in-market times were especially helpful for delivering critical COVID-19 messaging for customers and prospects.
- Good user experience: The initial focus of rebranding and creating mobile friendly email designs was to engage subscribers and drive results. Our solution achieved a 110% YOY increase in Salesforce Engage email open rates used by the sales team.
- Accelerated leads: Email content and logic for the nurture program were revised in Q4 2019. Early Q1 2020 saw an additional 10K leads passing the email engagement threshold and routed to sales.